- Open the program (it should be kept in your MyApps folder)
- Files > Open Files and locate the movie file you are going to work with (in this case, 12 Angry Men. It should be in your movies folder)
- Locate the in and out points for the clip you want to make. (tap “i” for the in-point and “o” for the outpoint and you should see the numbers change accordingly on the bottom right of the screen)
- The best way to ROUGHLY get to the in and out points is to drag the little hour-glass-shaped scrubber with your mouse.
- The best way to PRECISELY locate the in and out points is then to use the left and right arrow keys to go backward or forward 1 frame (that is, 1/30th of a second) at a time, until you have located precisely where you want the clip to start and end.
- With your in- and out-point set, go to File >Expert to MPEG-4> Compression = Apple MPeg Compressor> Quality = 100% > Make MP4
- Then make sure you give it a name that is SPECIFIC to that clip only and
- SAVE to your Movies folder
This will take a little while, depending on the length of the clip.
Repeat process for a new clip.